Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The evil grind..............

Today Mom, Leanna, Dad, Colin, Uncle Jay, Sherrie, Jenn and I went up to grouse to do the grind. We left at 10 ish and got there by 1/4 to 11. We started up the mountain and i had no idea what to expect seeing as how I hadn't done the grind in a year or so. I decided not to bring any water or anything besides a watch because i thought it would slow me down. Man was that ever a mistake i would rather carry a thousand water bottles then not have water that whole time.

 So we started up the mountain and the first quarter Dad and i were fairly close with Uncle Jay tailing just barely behind. Now I had never done this before that i can actually remember clearly and so I had no idea how long it really was. So right around the quarter mark Dad books it past me and is gone within a minute. Uncle Jay stayed close behind me until we hit a road block of people. He took off up the side of the mountain while i forced my way through the pack. After he had passed me my motivation went down incredibly. I was just trying to get up after that. 3/4 of the way up at my clock and I wasn't impressed so for most of the last quarter i jogged up trying to catch the two maniac's in front of me. Finally i saw the light after a long time and full out sprinted it to the top. Finally I was at the top and got some water from dad. I wasn't that impressed with my time but was glad to get it done.

Times -  John 43
            -  Jay 46
            - Chad 49
            - Hollie 57 
            - Colin 1:00
            - Jenn 1:05
            - Sherrie 1:15 
            - Leanna 1:15

 On our way home we had quite an adventure. Both the Second arrows and lionsgate bridges were stopped dead so we were waiting for about 2 or 3 hours i think to get over one of the bridges. Finally we managed to get past all the traffic and we thought that we were on our way. There was so much more aswell but I am way to tired to type it all out so if you want to know im sure Leanna will post it all or else you can ask me at Crossfit :) Seeya all tomorrow for a lil 10 AM class babai!!!!! 
Ciao

1 comment:

Leanna said...

There's no way I'm typing all that out! I think the worse thing that happened today was when Starbucks screwed up my Passion Tea Lemonade.. haha just kidding :P