Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursdays workout

Soccer practise!
If you dont see me posting much on tuesdays and thursdays anymore it would be because soccer season has officially started and i am pumped!!!! Its about time i got back on the pitch :)

If you want a good running exercise try this on for size

Around half of a soccer field 
sprint 1 side jog 3
sprint 2 sides jog 2 
sprint 3 sides jog 1 
sprint the whole half 
jog the whole half 
then work your way backwords
sprint the whole half 
sprint three jog 1
sprint 2 jog 2
sprint 1 jog 3
start with the longer side

Today we did this at practise. I am not the fastest sprinter especially compared to some of the older boys that i am playing with so i was not at the front of the pack at the beginning but as soon as the "fit soccer stars" (hahahaha) started to get fatigued was when i struck. My stamina lead me to be the lead runner in my group as soon as we had gotten to our third sprint. I was feeling great today even though my feet were absolutely killing me and were all bloody and sweaty i still managed to use my long strides to power through and finish. It felt good to finally dominate so much in one aspect. Can't wait until the games start and my legs/long distance stamina are 100% again. Looking forwards to my first day off in over a week tomorrow :) seeya all saturday!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

Not a bad workout considering that was the end of practise and in intense heat. Agghhh!!! I was sweating just sitting watching:)

Chad de Boer said...

Man was it ever hot out. I broke a sweat putting my cleats on :).